Home > NIGERIA > Nigerian groups and militants being mobilized in response to "dangerous ethnic trend"

Nigerian groups and militants being mobilized in response to "dangerous ethnic trend"

February 28, 2010

The following article cites Nigeria’s Sunday Sun as the originator.

We’ll cripple Nigeria – Militants
©  Sun News
By Ismail Omipidan, Kaduna
February 28, 2010

Push could come to shove with regards to the raging power tussle in the Presidency, if feelers emerging from the Niger Delta are anything to go by.

Sunday Sun learnt that groups are being mobilized by concerned leaders in the region to respond to the “dangerous ethnic trend” that had been introduced into the Aso Rock power game.
Some key former militant leaders are also said to have been contacted as part of a strategic plan to compel the cabal to stop undermining the Acting President, Dr Goodluck Jonathan.

One of the former warlords who confirmed this, but spoke on condition of anonymity, said they had watched the developments in the Presidency as it affected Jonathan and decided that it is time to act. “Enough is enough. Since they (the cabal) have decided that Jonathan cannot occupy the office of the President because he is from the Niger Delta, we have also resolved that our oil is not for Nigeria. In fact, we are ready to dismember Nigeria. If they do not want us in Nigeria, they should not want our oil too…”
__________

Read more. Full-text article appears at the following links.
Partial list.

Sunday Sun, 28 Feb
Nairaland, 28 Feb

[End.]

Advertisements
Categories: NIGERIA